Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Amelia Island

Despite the concerns of traveling at 36-37 weeks preggo, we decided to road trip to Florida's Amelia Island for some together time relaxing. It was perfect! Bobby worked five overnights in a row while I hung out 
with Mom and Ryan. I had the car packed and animals ready when Bobby came home from work so we could depart immediately. 
He briefed me previously that I would drive while he slept and then he'd take over. I told my mom this was not likely to happen but was the "plan," knowing Bobby all too well. 
Nevertheless, I got myself prepped to drive gathering the directions, GPS, cooler of: granola bars, juice boxes, pineapple, grapes, orange slices, and an apple. I woke up at 3:30am to take my mom to the airport and pack and got my energy up UP UP for waki waki time. Bobby wanted to stop for breakfast and of course drive despite having been awake all night in the NICU. So we put on the Dean Martin and let him coast stopping for coffees while I "rested my eyes."
We got to the Ritz in the evening to find out we had one of the best rooms in the entire hotel! It was top floor (CLUB!), center, with a giant balcony, and deluxe room size with an ocean view. Ahhh! We stopped for chocolates and cordials and then walked about the hotel to check things out. They had adorable bonfires set up around the outside with chairs and couches to hang out, so we hung out by the fire before going into the whirlpools and swimming. I was craving cheese so Bobby got me a special cheese platter with fruit and crackers and Pelagrino. I ate every "not supposed to eat this brie cheese" with the utmost satisfaction. The baby will be fine! Creamy deliciousness! We came back to our room to Belgian chocolates on our pillows on the luxurious king bed and got to sleep to the sound of the ocean all night with the balcony open and wind pouring through.
I woke up to find my hands ginormous! Whoa salt water coastal swelling! I got the sic edema in my hands but managed to squeeze out a prenatal massage and reflexology out of it so I think it all evened out. ;)We spent the next four days like royalty eating unbelievable spreads in the club, going out for dinners, touring Amelia Island, getting spa treatments, going bike riding, sleeping, lounging by the spa pool, going into the bath treatment waterfall whirlpools, and laying on the beach drinking pina coladas. Simply fantasterific! The second we pulled up and walked inside I knew I entered pregnant girl heaven. It was the most needed perfect trip to completely relax and get to be together before the baby comes. After the first day we felt like new people. Leaving was hard but since Hero, Duma, & Bella were waiting for us we got excited to return. They were so excited when we walked in! Duma didn't want to get out of Bobby's arms, Hero kept kissing me, and Bella was a little shy after our absence running around like a wild kitten. We woke up to the bed full of animals coozing up as close as they could. Melt our hearts!!!

3 comments:

Shunshine Girl said...

Awesome trip!!!! It's so good to do romantic couple stuff like that because there will be NO MORE after the baby comes! :o) I am glad that Kayla came late so we could squeeze a little more time in together... at home of course.

Shunshine Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiki said...

AHHH! everyone says that! it scares me! i don't think i can live without my "me" time, travels, and Boobie Qt time...dag it! thats why i am perfectly content with the nugget staying in there for a mini whiles longer. so much easier to take care of! ;)