November 2004: Our first Thanksgiving together married!!! We spent it in Kenya and Tanzania with mom, jeff, ryan, bobby, and kenny. Everyone got to meet my Joseph in Kenya and go to see his home in Transmara. I will never forget it. amazing!
November 2005: Our one year anniversary! We spent our first Thanksgiving alone together in our apartment in D.C. Bobby worked at the Ritz and I made a feast. I was a little sad to be all alone for the first time for Thanksgiving. Jeff and Becca were in Maine with Becca's family and we were all alone. It was the first time I was separated from my family for Thanksgiving. I tried to recreate our own homey version of one using the traditional feast I had always had. I wanted to surprise Bobby with it when he came home from work. I cooked forever! I called Bobby's mom to see if they had any traditional dishes I should make him but she said there were none. Bobby made the turkey and I made a vegan tofurkey one. He was so sensitive about it he decided he could never make a turkey himself again. It made him feel guilty eating it! I made mashed potatos, stuffing, candied yams, homeade cranberry sauce, banana bread, everything from scratch! I spread the feast over our kitchen island and we made plates and ate and Bobby tried to watch the game on our tv with the scratchy cable bunny ears since we never bought cable. We made lists of the things we were most thankful for and talked about them and prayed and hung out together inside. It snowed for the first time of the year! I missed my family so much but had that weird feeling Bobby was becoming my new family.
November 2006: We were living with Jeff, Becca, Hailey, and newborn Savannah. Ryan was living in China. Mom and Grandma came to D.C. for an early Thanksgiving and then Bobby and I went to China to meet Ryan in Shanghai. It was great! A giant feast with mom and Grandma's famous homeade whip cream salad and everything (the last time I would ever it eat now that I am a vegan). It was a great family visit full of babies, kids, laughter, late night talks, massages in the basement, and theological discussions. On the real thanksgiving we were in Shanghai with Ryan traveling around eating dumplings and noodles.
November 2007: Our first Gulley Thanksgiving together! The Gulley's rented a house in Orlando. It was Mason's first Thanksgiving ever! We celebrated with Ma & Pa Gulley, Corin, Bryan, & Mason, and Lori & Paul. We spent five days together going out to eat, playing pool, going shopping, Bobby cooked a Italian feast the night before, we swam, watched football, and ate a Thanksgiving feast of turkey, salmon cakes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, candied yams, rolls, salad, and shrimp cocktail.
I found the lists Bobby and I made from 2005!!!
November 2005: Our one year anniversary! We spent our first Thanksgiving alone together in our apartment in D.C. Bobby worked at the Ritz and I made a feast. I was a little sad to be all alone for the first time for Thanksgiving. Jeff and Becca were in Maine with Becca's family and we were all alone. It was the first time I was separated from my family for Thanksgiving. I tried to recreate our own homey version of one using the traditional feast I had always had. I wanted to surprise Bobby with it when he came home from work. I cooked forever! I called Bobby's mom to see if they had any traditional dishes I should make him but she said there were none. Bobby made the turkey and I made a vegan tofurkey one. He was so sensitive about it he decided he could never make a turkey himself again. It made him feel guilty eating it! I made mashed potatos, stuffing, candied yams, homeade cranberry sauce, banana bread, everything from scratch! I spread the feast over our kitchen island and we made plates and ate and Bobby tried to watch the game on our tv with the scratchy cable bunny ears since we never bought cable. We made lists of the things we were most thankful for and talked about them and prayed and hung out together inside. It snowed for the first time of the year! I missed my family so much but had that weird feeling Bobby was becoming my new family.
November 2006: We were living with Jeff, Becca, Hailey, and newborn Savannah. Ryan was living in China. Mom and Grandma came to D.C. for an early Thanksgiving and then Bobby and I went to China to meet Ryan in Shanghai. It was great! A giant feast with mom and Grandma's famous homeade whip cream salad and everything (the last time I would ever it eat now that I am a vegan). It was a great family visit full of babies, kids, laughter, late night talks, massages in the basement, and theological discussions. On the real thanksgiving we were in Shanghai with Ryan traveling around eating dumplings and noodles.
November 2007: Our first Gulley Thanksgiving together! The Gulley's rented a house in Orlando. It was Mason's first Thanksgiving ever! We celebrated with Ma & Pa Gulley, Corin, Bryan, & Mason, and Lori & Paul. We spent five days together going out to eat, playing pool, going shopping, Bobby cooked a Italian feast the night before, we swam, watched football, and ate a Thanksgiving feast of turkey, salmon cakes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, candied yams, rolls, salad, and shrimp cocktail.
I found the lists Bobby and I made from 2005!!!
*Thanksgiving 2005*
Things I am Thankful For:
1. God's Grace
2. Air in my Lungs
3. Clean Air
4. Dolphins, Tigers, Cheetah's, Monkey's, and my Fynisty
5. Heaven
6. Prayer...talking to God
7. Bobby my husband who is growing and trying to be a man/husband of God
8. My family
9. My girls
10. Pick me up blessings!
11. A delightful home, heat, food, H2O,
12. Shenendoah's
13. Going hiking and being Outdoors
14. Hailey my job being an Auntie/Nanny
15. Being a woman
16. My marriage which gets better and better everyday
17. The Bible and being able to read it
18. My prayer group and girls i go to for wisdom and nurishment
19. joy and laughter
20. the world and all the people in it
21. traveling all the places i have been, people i have met, experiences i have had
22. my life-the contentment i feel from it. "knowing" inside that truly everything is good and will be okay that God is watching out and taking care of me at all times
23. my guardian angels who do overtime
24. vision-healthy body, limbs, hearing, etc.
25. feasts!
No comments:
Post a Comment