Tuesday August 29, 2006
My Dearest Bunnyroo,
It’s 3:24, Hailey-Kat and you just brought me to tears! Even as I write this, my eyes well up. I dreamed about this happening, about you learning how to talk, meowing and saying, “kitty-cat” and “kiki” and now…it’s actually happening.
We played outside for too long today so when we came inside and took off your hat, your head was really sweaty. So, we drank some cold water and read some books, but your hair was still sweaty. So, we went downstairs for you to cool off and play. You always get real excited to go downstairs. You grabbed your new present a Snow White doll and ran to the door and said loudly, “CAT!” Yes, I nodded and picked you up and carried you downstairs to go see my stuffed animal kitty-cats. You get excited when we get downstairs so I let you walk on your own and you run over to the brown couch and climb up it to find my monkeys, kitties, and husky dog. You even know them all by name. You stood up on the couch and started screaming, “CAT! CAT! CAT! CAT! CAT! CAT! CAT!” You were saying it so well, even fast and funny like how Uncle Bob and I say it, just mimicking the word “cat!” perfectly.
Uncle Bob came home. “Bob” has been your favorite word for the past few weeks. Even though you know others and are learning more, you LOVE to say, “BOB!” You sing your favorite songs, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Old McDonald had a Farm, and ABC’s to the song’s tune and words of, “bob, bob bob, bob… bob bob bob…bob bob bob bob bob bob bob….” It is truly precious. You an Uncle Bob have a special connection. You love to play with him and have him make you laugh. Last night he was feeding you airplane style and you thought it was so funny. You cracked up and then started trying to feed yourself like that making the airplane noise and flying your spoon around until it landed into your mouth. So sweet.
Back to today’s story! You were starting to get grouchy during snack but it wasn’t quite time for nap yet. So, I kept you up and we played a little longer, took Lucy outside and read some books. By this time, you were getting very grouchy. You are teething again and craving your sleep. I took you up for nap and we went to see the new Baby’s room and then to change your diaper. While changing your stinky number #2-i'm sorry, aunties aren't supposed to say those things are they? it never happened-, you were reading Butterfly Kisses. You were pointing at the page saying, “Bob.” So, I pointed at myself and said, “Hailey who is this?” You looked directly at me and said loudly, “KIKI.” I don’t think you knew what to do next, because I didn’t give my normal excited response. Instead, my eyes welled as I looked into your and we just looked at each other as tears and rolling down my cheeks. I didn’t know how much it would touch my heart to hear you say my name, cat, and all our special songs and words you have been saying lately. It is incredible to watch you grow, develop and learn more and more everyday. Today you were doing so well walking up the stairs holding onto my hands, I started wondering how long until you could do it all by yourself. Everyday you are soaking up new things and able to do more than the previous day. It is truly amazing to witness you growing up before my very eyes and I thank God for the privilege.
You will probably never remember any of these special moments we share and so they are so dear and precious to my heart that I just have to share a few of them with you, my first and sweetest niece…my bunny. I love you forever!
Your Auntie Kiki
3 comments:
oh so precious!it's so amazing when a little one knows you by name, when they know so few words, but your name is part of their vocabulary. congrats!
me again!!! i can't believe how BIG she is!!! i guess it's been quite a while since i've seen her, but she's not a baby anymore, she's such a little girl. ooh i love her! what a precious pretty girl....enjoy every minute!
K, this is completely precious and I am loving on your blog this morning! Hope you don't mind if I add it to my links.
Post a Comment