"these are the days, that we'll remember" -natalie merchant
Thursday October 12, 2006
Dear Bunny,
Right now you are perched in your stroller chillin in the kitchen with a small snore emitting from your tiny toddler nose. one might think i would be distraught at this. quite on the contrary. it has taken me almost five hours to achieve this feat. when i came to see you after my holiday weekend feeling alive and ready to play, i found you and mom & do-do (as you like to call dad now) to be ill. at first i disinfected everything. i chugged shots of airborne, downed vitamins and herbs. i washed my hands with mad fury...don't catch the plague!! now, its day three. things are growing worse in coldville. You have not had a nap or a full nights sleep in three days. You start crying histerically waking up in the night and when i mention your dear crib friend, "ducky" you moan and howl like ducky is a raging vacuum cleaner coming to sweep over you and not your tenderest and most cherished of friends.
sorry buns, but i won't lie to you, today was ruff. i have more of your nose boogies on my shirt than in the kleenex packed garbage can. i try to appease you with frozen grapes and grapefruit juice popcicles. one thing that is too sweet is when i ask you a list of fun things to play you say no to every single one and point to me. you just want me. i hold you and hold you and we move about (you are making my arms extremely buff). we play puzzles (which you are getting very good at...excellent job on your shapes and color matching!), trains, hop-hop, blocks, read books, make forts to climb around, and then it hits! the histeria begins and you are just so tired but fighting the sleep as if it is a predator to flee from. i even started to wonder if i should pray over your room, scare out anything that is bothering you in your normally sweet haven. but, i am guessing it is just about the sneefies and nose buggs. okay you are up...that sweet golden sleep lasted how long??!?!!!
okay, I am back. that was a ruff one. It took me a while to soothe you from your histerical sobs and choked up breathing. You awoke sweaty and hot. I was worried you had a fever and bathed you in luke warm water. You were so shaken up I didn't want to upset you more with the thermometer. After you were calm from the bath I took it and you were fever free. (I can hear you wailing upstairs right now! Poor buns! You are so tired and sick your Mama & DoDo are assisting you right now. You can't seem to stop crying, poor kitty! It is so sad when you are sick.) We were literally bosom buddies today playing and just holding one another because sometimes when we feel icky and sick and playing gets frustrating all we want to do is be close to each other and cuddle it out.
Your Uncle Ry put this Jacob Dylan song on one of DoDo's mix cd's we listen to and it says something like, "baby if you never got sick, i wouldn't get to hold you..." Sometimes its true. We cuddle more when you are sick. You need me to hold you in the day and when my back and arms feel like they just can't hold you any longer, you start to fall asleep on my shoulder and even though my arms are shaking I cannot move. The trials make us closer somehow when we get to the other side...together. Knowing you can count on me when you are sick, and knowing I just want to hold you and make it all better for you somehow...I feel our bond. This is our last sickly week together as child and companion. Tomarrow is my last official nanny day. For some reason, we are ending on this note. I hope you know that somehow, no matter how sick you are, or broken hearted, or hurt, or tired, or feeling icky inside, I will be around as your Auntie for you to call on and let me hold and soothe your achies. forever.
best bunnies,
you & me roo!
too cheesy but i gotta do it...as our old buddies simon & garfunkel sang:
"when your weary feeling small
when tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all
I'm on your side, Oh when times get rough
and friends just can't be found
like a bridge over troubled waters
I will lay me down
like a bridge over troubled waters
I will lay me down
when your down and outwhen your on the street
when evening falls so hard
I'll take your part when darkness comes
and pain is all around
like a bridge over troubled waters
I will lay me down
like a bridge over troubled waters
I will lay me down
sail on silver girl, sail on byyour time has come to shine
all your dreams are on their way
see how they shine
oh if you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind"
While I'll never be a true bridge-only God is-I will always try to be there for you if you need me! And don't forget our slumber parties!
No comments:
Post a Comment